[ORRando] Single Speed Voting Bloc - Endorses Eric Vigoren: RUSA Board Elections (deadline October 15)

Peter D. Beeson II PeterTwo at SeattleInsuranceAgency.com
Tue Sep 23 08:31:58 PDT 2008

Dear Rando Riders:

Two of Seattle's top single speed riders endorse Eric Vigoren for RUSA
Board.  Please read the endorsements written by SIR's very own "single speed
anciennes" Erik Andersen and Bob Brudvik.  And cast your ballot by mail or
by email for the two candidates of your choice (voting instructions are at
the end of this email).

This is the fifth written e-mail endorsement of Eric Vigoren: Michael
Rasmussen, Duane Wright, Peg Winczewski, Jeff  Tilden and now Erik Andersen
and Bob Brudvik.  Brought to you by the "Campaign to Elect Eric Vigoren",
'08 Campaign Manager Peter Beeson

  _____

By:
Erik Andersen - SIR Single Speed Legend, RCC Goosebumper & A Terrific
Volunteer
Endorses Eric Vigoren for RUSA Board
(byline penned by campaign manager Peter Beeson)

If you haven’t already, please take a minute to cast your vote for Eric
Vigoren for one of the two open RUSA board positions.  Let’s ensure that the
northwest region is well-represented for at least the next three years by
electing Mr. Vigoren.

I have ridden more than a few brevets with Eric, and he’s always been a
friendly and engaging riding partner.  Last year I had difficulty with
Paypal registering the spring SIR 300k brevet, and Eric (as our SIR
treasurer) took the time to straighten things out so that I would get credit
for that ride.  I am quite confident that Eric’s dedication and attention to
detail will be a benefit to all RUSA members.

Erik Andersen
  _____

By:
Bob Brudvik - SIR Single Speed Legend, 2011 La Société Charly Miller Team
Recruiter, RCC Goosebumper & known by all as "Death Ride Bob" Endorses Eric
Vigoren for RUSA Board
(byline penned by campaign manager Peter Beeson)

Fellow Riders,

It is my pleasure to endorse Eric Vigoren for the RUSA board.  Eric's calm
demeanor is evident in both his riding, and board work with SIR.  I have
never heard from any club members any negative opinions of Eric.  Not even
from his wife Maggie.  I have ridden multiple brevets with Eric, and have
always enjoyed the experience.  Actually, one ride was not that fun.  The
Big Lebowski 600k in 2006.  This ride really tested the fortitude of Eric.
Due to reasons still unknown, Eric spent about one hour of the ride laying
on the hot pavement in Central Oregon as sick as a dog.  I assumed Eric's
ride was finished, but no, he rose like the Phoenix to complete the ride.  I
believe this example points to his deep desire to complete a task once
started.  Eric will serve the RUSA board well.

Thank you,

Bob Brudvik.

  _____

Information about the candidates can be found at

http://www.rusa.org/Download/2008-candidates.pdf

The ballot can be found at

http://www.rusa.org/Download/2008-ballot.pdf

or one can vote by e-mail to

mdayton at nc.rr.com

with [RUSA] Board Election in the subject line.

  _____

Many thanks for your consideration of Eric Vigoren (SIR's Treasurer,
Volunteer Extraordinaire) and of Edward Robinson (a great rider from Texas,
heading up the national permanents program and would make a terrific
addition to the RUSA board as a representative from the Southwest).

Cheers

Peter II
'08 Campaign Manager for Eric Vigoren

Peter D. Beeson II