[ORRando] RUSA Board Elections - Newsflash Eric Vigoren Receives Endorsement from famed randonnuer Peg Winczewski!

Peter D. Beeson II PeterTwo at SeattleInsuranceAgency.com
Tue Sep 9 10:07:28 PDT 2008

Dear Rando Riders:

Please read Peg's endorsement below of Eric Vigoren.  And cast your ballot
by mail or by email for the two candidates of your choice (voting
instructions are at the end of this email).

  _____

Greetings fellow randonneurs,

I have had the privilege and honor of knowing Eric Vigoren over the past 4
years.  His organizational skills, attention to detail and route planning
expertise is well known throughout SIR and ORR but I would like to add a
different perspective about Eric.  I have witnessed him exemplify the true
randonneuring spirit by sacrificing his own ride to assist and introduce new
randos to the sport.  He has adjusted his own pace to assist fellow randos
who may be struggling during a ride but he has done it in such a subtle laid
back manner that they are still able to keep their own egos intact without
feeling as if they are slowing him down. He has offered timely and wise
advise without sounding like he knows it all and has navigated groups of
riders through unfamiliar territory in the middle of the night.  As a female
randonneur, I have always felt comfortable riding with Eric at any speed if
I am able to keep up with him.  I remember one particular ORR brevet in
which he was in street clothes registering riders at the start and then
seeing him passing me and others halfway thru the ride with a pleasant
greeting and then seeing him again on the side of the road stopping to
assist another rider who had experienced some mechanical issues.  Eric
participates in randonneuring for the pure love of it and he would be an
outstanding candidate to represent RUSA as a board member.

Sincerely,

Peg Winczewski

  _____

Information about the candidates can be found at

http://www.rusa.org/Download/2008-candidates.pdf

The ballot can be found at

http://www.rusa.org/Download/2008-ballot.pdf

or one can vote by e-mail to

mdayton at nc.rr.com

with [RUSA] Board Election in the subject line.

  _____

Many thanks for your consideration of Eric Vigoren (SIR's Treasurer,
Volunteer Extraordinaire) and of Edward Robinson (a great rider from Texas,
heading up the national permanents program and would make a terrific
addition to the RUSA board as a representative from the Southwest).

Cheers

Peter II
'08 Campaign Manager for Eric Vigoren

Peter D. Beeson II