[ORRando] Verboort, A Repoort - of Soorts

Andrew P. Black apblack at ownmail.net
Mon Nov 10 05:41:26 PST 2008

On 9 Nov 2008, at 19:51, cecilanne at comcast.net wrote:

> I note that this may be my last pictorial report for while, because
> my camera finally died and I must do in-depth research before
> replacing it, which could take some time.

Or, you could just get a Nikon Coolpix S550.

My camera was getting intermittent faults, and I decided to replace it
before it finally died.  The Nikon gives me the one thing that I was
previously missing on my Cannon Powershot — a 5x zoom (instead of a
3x).   It also has a bigger screen, higher resolution, image
stabilization, face recognition, and a host of in-camera editing
features that I can't see ever using.  It cost about a third of what I
paid for the Cannon ($169 v about $550). and is significantly smaller,
mostly thinner.

I did my online research, and asked in a couple of camera shops, and
could not find anything comparable.  So it was an easy choice.

My one complaint is the stupid data and video combo cable that comes
with it, which is heavier and bulkier than the camera itself.

	Andrew