[OrRando] Snoozeville pics / brief report

Bill Alsup bill at viscountstudios.com
Mon Mar 17 19:16:34 PDT 2008

Thank you to everyone who came out for the Snoozeville
Populaireo on March 8th. (I tried to post this on
March 11th, but the server was down.)

Pictures (taken by my friend Bob Good) are at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tangobiker/sets/72157604100714029/
He took a lot of pictures at the Cornelius Pass
Roadhouse, as well as many on Dairy Creek Road.

Included among the 84 finishers were two guys named
Brian List (one from Olympia & one from Portland ...
which initially confused Susan and me), and two
well-prepared unicyclists: Leif Rustvold and Max
Taint.

Thanks to Mike Bingle for his help at registration,
and to Susan France for her help and expertise
throughout the event (including the secret control).

It was amusing to see how much more accurately the
non-super-fast riders answered the second info control
question. I guess a quick peripheral glance doesn't
offer the same detail (like the difference between
orange and red) as does a more deliberate inspection.

Sorry that the pizza joint in Forest Grove wasn't more
accommodating. I didn't anticipate that they wouldn't
deal with larger groups of bikers as well as they do
with smaller numbers (like on a permanent).

Cheers,

Bill