[ORRando] Call for volunteers

Michael Wolfe cyclotouriste at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 16:08:12 PDT 2008

Hi there.

It's one month until the first ride of the summer series, the Timothy Lake
200 on July 19th.  I was wondering if any of you good souls would be willing
or able to help me put on that ride or the subsequent 300 and 400 that'll be
part the series.  I could possibly run the 300 and 400 by myself (though
it'd be much easier with help, obviously), but due to the remoteness of the
200 route, I really would like to get someone with a motor vehicle to
provide a water stop at an (as yet) unspecified point on the course.

I am planning to pre-ride the 200k on July 6th.  Any volunteers would be
welcome to join me for that, or to ride it themselves the following
weekend.  I would be happy to provide you with notes from my preride if you
were to ride it after I do, so you would not be caught unawares by any
complications.  Also, folks who ride at a different pace from me should know
that it is my intention to ride as a group with any volunteers who join me
for the workers' rides.

I am planning to do the workers' ride for the 300 on July 26th and the one
for the 400 on August 9th.  All three are really good courses, challenging
but fun and absolutely gorgeous in the scenery department.  I've personally
ridden 90% of the roads on the 200k, 90% of the roads on the 300k, and the
whole 400k.  The cue sheet for the 200 is on the web site, and I would be
happy to supply cue sheets and maps to people considering helping out with
the 300 or 400.

Thanks very much for your help.

-Michael