[ORRando] Covered Bridges 200 & 400.

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Sun Jun 15 14:22:38 PDT 2008

Results are posted... everyone finished (28-400k, 27-200k), including about a kazillion bents. Thanks to Andrew Black, Cecil Reniche-Smith, Joanne Heilinger, and John Henry Maurice who volunteered their time at registration and checkin... Andrew, Cecil & John Henry also prerode the route, fixed my route sheet, and installed the zipties... we'll have to think of something new next time.

The next brevet is a long brevet by most standards (1000k) I have Days 1 & 2 loops finished but I wasn't thinking straight and botched day 3 such that I only came up with 900k... I should have time to fix my botch this week. As an overview. Day one is about 400k and much like day 1 of this years 600k to the coast & back in reverse, Day 2 is very much like Three Capes (~300k) minus Cape Lookout & Cape Meares. Day 3 will be much of Covered Bridges (about 300k). All loops start & end in Wilsonville. There will be no support. You will see me only at the start and as I please checking on folks, you will drop your cards at specific location at the finish. I have 3 Californians planning this adventure, 1 Washingtonian (maybe) and 2 locals (maybe). If you are interest... should let me know.

On the reasonable side... The next 200k is hosted by Michael Wolfe and goes into the Mt Hood National Forest (Starts Faraday Park outside Estacada, does the Ripplebrook-High Rocks Loop then goes to Bagby Hot Springs before returning all that downhill to Estacada. When I have a start time and more details I will open registration... until then the cuesheet is available.

Later,