[ORRando] Rocky Mountain 1200

Philippe Andre philippe_cycliste at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 21:38:06 PDT 2008

Sam and the gang,
 =

Congrats on a great ride by all. It was great fun following your progress a=
nd imagining where you were on that epic course. I look forward to reading =
the ride reports. It was a fast course by the looks of it. Ken Bonner rode =
an amazing 50:34 course record. I'm amazed because the man is 66 years old.=
 The old record (52:02) was held by 42 year old Austrian ultra distance rac=
er Othmar Altman. Welcome home..
 =

cheers,
 =

philippe
 =

> Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:39:19 -0700> From: shuffman at gmail.com> To: orra=
ndo at tire.patch.com> Subject: Re: [ORRando] Rocky Mountain 1200> CC: philipp=
e_cycliste at hotmail.com> > All the OR Randos finished really strong in the 1=
200. The ride was> spectacular, with remarkable scenery and nearly perfect =
weather> (though a tad hot on the last day for me). Course records were bro=
ken> for both the men (Ken Bonner @ 52:34) and the women (Sophie Matter @> =
64:44).> > Preliminary results for the 84 hour group:> http://randonneurs.b=
c.ca/rocky/live-ish/TimeReports.php?Group=3D84Hr&Section=3D2nd> > And the 9=
0 hour group:> http://randonneurs.bc.ca/rocky/live-ish/TimeReports.php?Grou=
p=3D90Hr&Section=3D2nd> > For the "Oregon and Kramer" contingent:> Eric Ahl=
vin @ 73:52> Sam Huffman @ 68:15> John Kramer @ 73:01> Scott Petersen @ 79:=
50> David Rowe @ 73:52> Del Scharffenberg @ 69:29> Vincent Sikorsky @ 65:11=
 Our own Sam Huffman and Del Scharffenberg are both hammering the RM1200. S=
am> > is leading the 90 hour group that started last night at 22:00 and Del=
 is in> > the lead group of the 84 hour group that started at 4:00. Del rea=
ched the> > second control at Blue River (229km) in 7H15M. Sam reached the =
same control> > in 8H39M. Sam rode all night pretty much on his own. Del is=
 in a group of 8> > riders. They started just before dawn. The Kramer, Davi=
d Rowe, and Eric> > Ahlvin are riding together at Blue River 53 minutes beh=
ind Sam and Scott> > Peterson is just an hour behind Sam. They can see the =
Canadian Rockies by> > now....oh yea baby! Yellowhead Pass (1131m) and Mt. =
lman/listinfo/orrando
http://www.windowslive.com/mobile/overview.html?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_WL_mobile_=
072008