[ORRando] Mt. Hood Timberline Challenge August 15

John Kramer jckramer at gorge.net
Fri Jul 11 07:03:03 PDT 2008

In case there are bikers on the list looking for a challenge, Fred
Hunley from the great state of Texas is coming to the Mid Columbia area
to ride the Hood River to Timberline 200k Permanent RUSA #369.
http://randobiker.blogspot.com/2007/12/hood-river-timberline.html

This route has nearly 12,000 ft. elevation gain (bikely estimate) and
must be completed in 13.5 hours for RUSA credit. Fred and I will attempt
the Timberline challenge on August 15 and ride the fantastic RUSA
Anniversary ride on the 16th as a recovery ride. I will be in BC for the
next two weeks and will only have occasional access to email, but if
your interested in stepping into the daring and nearly impossible, send
me a note and plan on riding hard August 15.