[OrRando] Dart-ish Hints

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Sat Jan 26 13:54:43 PST 2008

Lots of first timers thinking about this event. I expect teams might fluctuate over the next couple months. Two teams can use the same route as long as you space yourselves at the start by 1 hr. You also might want to consider the speed of you teammates. It's hard for slow folks to pick up the pace beyond their abilities and for fast riders to poke along, getting cold in the process. It is really important that riders ride together... More than one team has DNF'd as a result of riders continuing ahead of teammates "just to the next town, they'll catch up", or blowing off stragglers in the last two hours, the team ending up in pieces at the 12 hr mark(2 sitting in a parking lot with 2 still on their bikes 2 miles from town.)

If you haven't ridden yet with individuals you are signing up with I suggest you check out the previous years results.

Your really really slow RBA