[OrRando] Ixon Headlight bracket failure

chris mccraw gently at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 00:35:51 PST 2008

sorry to hear about this, andrew!  i've loved my ixon for...wow, near
on two years now, and am fortunate to have created a home for the
standard quick-release bracket on my aerobars (road bike) and on a
spacebar (commuter bike with otherwise occupied handlebars).

i guess i was lucky in that the two times my ixon took a dive (i've
learned to triple-check the clamped-ness before i roll now) the first
time it suffered no damage and the second time only the lens casing
broke and was "repaired" with some library tape which has proved
surprisingly weather-resistant.

to anyone who doesn't have a generator hub and doesn't want to wear
batteries, or fill a bottle cage with them, i still think this is the
best light for riding unlit streets.  it also makes quite a flashlight
in a pinch...

i was hoping (from the message title) that you were just out a bracket
so i could give you one (i must have 4 or 5 spares by now--kept losing
them and found them all when i moved).  let us know if you find
something surperior to replace the light with!