[OrRando] Re: Tentative 600k route

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Fri Apr 11 21:07:25 PDT 2008

Hmmm. Starting with a 600k? It has been done, but those riders usually finish with knees and achillies that cannot be used for a week or two.
Anyhow. I do plan to submit a short brevet for that weekend in addition to the 600k. It would follow the same route for a bit, but then turn back. I'm working on the longer distances first, then I can figure out a shorter distance for those not interested in the 40 hr affair.
Since there will not be on course support for the 600k, you have to be prepared for taking along what you need for the day. There is plenty of services along the way, unless you bypass them without checking the cuesheet for the next services.

Susan.