[OrRando] Tentative 600k route

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Fri Apr 11 11:46:36 PDT 2008

I've put a tentative route for the 600k online. Day 1 (350k+), Day 2 (<250k). The route to the coast is counterclockwise. I could easily run it clockwise. I've ridden the coastal section in both directions... I'd be interested in what the slower riders prefer since they will be riding after dark... there is a small road west of 99w into and out of Monmouth... 99W has wide shoulders. Clockwise... there is almost no traffic via Willamina, Sheridan, Balliston.  Less than 2 miles of gravel between Logsden & Blodgett... I've done it with 23cc tires though I walked down the steep, curvy section... not far.

http://www.orrandonneurs.org/rba/2008/600kProfile.jpg