[OrRando] Noisy hub?

cecilanne at comcast.net cecilanne at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 20:47:39 PDT 2008

So I just picked up my new bike with its SON generator hub, and the first thing I noticed is that it is LOUD.  A whistling/whirring kind of loud.  I don't recall hearing this noise from other riders' Schmidt hubs, and I am wondering if I should be concerned.  An internet search turned up nothing helpful - I know lots of folks on this list have SONs and I am wondering what their experience has been.  If it makes a difference, I am running an E6/Lumotec Oval combo . . . . rack mounted.

Cheers, Cecil