[OrRando] Lodging in the Mid Columbia (Bingen Bikefest 200k)

John Kramer jckramer at gorge.net
Thu Sep 13 10:05:42 PDT 2007

I posted a list of hotels and campgrounds on the web site
(http://www.orrandonneurs.org/jktest/lodging.htm). Most everything has a
link to a web site. My recommendation is the Sunset Motel in Hood River.
It is right across the street from Safeway and it has easy access to
down town and the Hood River Bridge to White Salmon (Bingen). I think
the first Friday of each month are festivals of some sort. So Friday
afternoon in Hood River is likely to be Party Time. If I had to pick a
campground I would probably go for Viento although I have never camped
there.

If you are interested in doing a 100 or 200k permanant route on Sunday,
let me know as I can coordinate brevet cards and route sheets. My
favorite is Lyle to Goldendale for brunch and back to Lyle. This route goes up
High Pararie and returns via the Klickitat River.

Sunset Motel
2300 W. Cascade Avenue,
Hood River, OR 97301
Phone: 541-386-6322;