[OrRando] 2008 Calendar Time

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Mon Sep 3 09:23:42 PDT 2007

Each year the regional RBAs must submit their ACP events to RUSA before the
end of Sept. I've gotten a Draft version of the calendar from SIR so I have
an idea of what they plan and when (Sometimes they do change dates so I
usually do too). Now I need to put organizer names next to these events.

Here's my proposal:
2 populaires (or populaire and Dart) in March... Weekends of 8, 22
Apr 5, Birkie 200
Apr 19, Three Capes 300
May 1-4, Fleche Ourangan
May 24, 600k... Yes I've switched the 600/400
Jun 14, 400k

Summer 200,300,400 Michael Wolfe has volunteered to organize these events in
the summer, I will work with him on dates that hopefully don't conflict with
SIR dates.

Aug 16/17 RUSA 10th Anniversary. We will have something scheduled!

Nov (Verboort Sausage & Wine Country Populaires)

Notes*** Yes I've switched the 600 & 400. Those who have done a Fleche will
be more than prepared for a 600. Also, those planning to ride a 1000 or 1200
in late June will do better with a 1 day event in mid June..rather than a 2
day event. No Glacier 1000k, I think this event needs to be early summer to
avoid the heat and there is another regional RM event planned for that
timeframe. ;-)  There is no 1000k planned at this time, only 1 600k.