[OrRando] Dynamo Hub lighting/lights connection question

Jim Bronson jim.bronson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 09:31:31 PST 2007

The SON generates low frequency AC, not DC, and thus does not need to
be grounded to the frame regardless of what light combination that you
run.

At least, that was my understanding, someone else can correct me if I
was wrong.  I run primary and secondary E6's and don't have anything
grounded to the frame.

I am very interested to hear of your experience with IQ Fly, please
post once you have it operational.

On Nov 20, 2007 11:10 AM,  <fitzbase at comcast.net> wrote:
> I've got a Schmidt SON and Lumotec IQ Fly Senseo N on order at Peter White. My upcoming gift-exchange holiday present, which I will receive next month sometime :-)
>
> I was planning to get the front rack from Velo Orange that they don't have in yet - here is a picture:
> http://velo-orange.blogspot.com/2007/10/prototype-photos.html
>
> I want to mount the light to the rack strut.  My bike has no rack bosses on the fork, so the rack would be attached with p-clamps.
>
> Anyway, Cecil chimed in that I'd have to worry about grounding, since I'm mounting the light to a rack.  A read of Peter White's page seems to indicate that grounding is only an issue if I'm running a primary and a secondary.  At 40 lux, I'm thinking I don't need a secondary.
>
> Is there anything I do need to worry about that any of you can think of?
>
> Cheers,
> Lynne "clearly I'll need a new front bag, too" F
> http://lynnerides.blogspot.com

I ride my bike, to ride my bike.