[OrRando] Nutrition (and rando old-school style? :) )

cecilanne at comcast.net cecilanne at comcast.net
Wed May 23 21:26:03 PDT 2007

I'm with Joel on this one - almost all the non-solid "food" options out there make me hurl.  Granted, I have yet to ride more than 200 miles at a go yet, but up until 200 miles I have done just fine on a steady diet of whatever portable "food" I can get my hands on.  I carry things like Clif bars, but mainly because they're small and easy to pack.  If I can find a store that sells Diet Coke, Fig Newtons, and Tootsie Rolls, I usually still have my Clif bars with me by the time I get home.  It's amazing what kind of crap I can eat and still claim to have a "healthy" diet compared to most Murricans.  Of course, that's one reason I have to ride 100 miles or more at a go . . .

Cecil "is that a powdered energy drink that's bread-flavored, or a flavored energy drink that is made from powdered bread?" Anne

From: joel metz <magpie at blackbirdsf.org>

I've also had fairly rotten luck with energy drinks, though - i have  an immense distaste for artificial flavors, so that means just about  all of them just leave me wanting to spit them out -

just dont try the powdered bread flavor energy drink mix they were selling at some controls on pbp 2003..