[OrRando] Nutrition

Philippe Andre philippe_cycliste at hotmail.com
Tue May 22 09:41:09 PDT 2007

Hi Ray,

I take a TUMS before I get an upset stomach say every 100K and two if I have
an upset stomach. Its a good calcium supplement as well and we randos need
calcium. I personally cann't stomach liquid food for very long, so I cann't
recommend it for sustainable energy. Though I do like Endurox R4 as a
recovery drink. But, I prefer solid food for the long rides over 400, but I
may want to adjust that to 400 and above. Easy to digest solid food is best
for me like a bowl of vegi or chicken soup, mashed potatoes, yogurt, or a
good old PB&J, pre-cooked rice w/raisins, oatmeal, eggs, pasta hot or cold,
fruit, nuts, dates, pancakes, etc. The donuts and corndogs and bacon that
look good at the time just make me sick and turn me into the Goodyear blimp
for the rest of the ride.  The best thing I have found is to relax for a
good sit down easy to digest meal as often as you can afford and eat slowly.
The rest will do u and your tummy good.

Bon courage

Philippe