[OrRando] Route help please

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Tue Mar 6 09:07:24 PST 2007

Hi Y'all,

Since you last saw me I've gained about 20 pounds.  So when I read about the Fat
Cyclist's B7 challenge I signed on - two months late.

What is the B7?  Banjo Brothers’ Big Bad Bulky Biker Bodfyat (B7) Challenge

My opening post on their forum:
http://fatcyclist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1960

The forum main page:
http://fatcyclist.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

It's an interesting challenge, and competition, in that:

 * achievement is based on goals
 * weight loss is one goal
 * time trial improvement is the other

The time trial requirement is for three miles.

I need a time trial course of three miles within "ride there to warm up" distance
from my house.  The I84 bike patch seemed ideal.  If it weren't for the blind
corner at the west end and the down hill finish into 181st Avenue at the east it
would be great.

Any of you have suggestions for a course?  It can contain some climbing.  My
initial time will be the baseline, so I don't have to hit any absolute speeds.
One guy has a 3.35 mile course that took him 25 minutes to ride.  The 15% grades
it included slowed him down.

I'd prefer something flattish.  Maybe the Springwater Trail between the Ross
Island bridge overpass and Sellwood will work.  But if not, I need a backup.

Have a good time on the Populaire this weekend, I'll be in Mexico.

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity