[OrRando] RAAM Quote on John

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Fri Jun 22 11:41:05 PDT 2007

Not exactly profound, but I was able to garner a quote from John Spurgeon with
less than 9 miles to go to become the first human being, tough enough, fit enough
and crazy enough to conquer the Race Across America on a single-speed bicycle, he
said, “After the left turn”, which he followed up with, “Do not Disturb”. His crew
is loving it all and everyone is overjoyed. John Spurgeon, The Race Across America
and a Single-Speed Bicycle, now that’s an accomplishment x ten. Earlier in the
race Spurgeon told me that he is considering fixed-wheel for next year. You’re
joking right? I hear the theme from Rocky playing somewhere.

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity