[OrRando] Mechanical DNF

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Fri Jun 22 06:40:24 PDT 2007

Mechanical breakdown is given as a cause for DNF.  My first such was when I
started popping spokes on a wheel.  However, most DNFs are mental.  Here's a
GDR example of _not_ letting a mechanical turn into a DNF.

  Unfortunately there was a gigantic boulder in the grass that I hit as square
  as you can hit a boulder. Tossed me about 15 or 10 feet or so, and has
  buckled my frame. The down tube and top tube are both buckled, and the bike
  is in horrific shape. That said, I am not quitting. Luckily I have the same
  bike, in single speed that is being broken down and going to be over-nighted
  here to the hotel. And, hopefully I can get this thing taken apart and have
  plenty of time to rest and eat. And try to get it put together back quickly,
  and get on the road and try to make up some time.

omg

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity