[OrRando] John Spurgeon on RAAM

Phil Varner philvarner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:20:39 PDT 2007

One should also point out that he's doing it on a pair of Portland-built
singlespeeds.  Ira writes a bit about it here, with some nice raw photos of
the frame:
http://iraryanbicycles.wordpress.com/2007/06/14/john-spurgeon-raam-bike/

--Phil

On 6/14/07, David Rowe <david.readytoride at gmail.com> wrote:

> Those of you that have ridden the ORR brevet series this year might have
> seen Oregon's own John Spurgeon ... for a moment at the starting line!  John
> is one of 24 solo riders on Race Across America. And, of course, he is doing
> it on a single speed!  As of this morning, John is 997 miles into the ride
> and has cleared Time Station 18 in Alamosa, Colorado.  He is in 18th
> position.
>
> If you want to see some video of John, check out this clip, where the TV
> crew caught up to him earlier in the race in Flagstaff, AZ. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52vC-Kvv8A
> .
>
> dr
>
> --
> Carboload your mind at http://www.readytoride.biz

Phil Bikes: http://bikes.philvarner.com

I stand on the shoulders of giants, which weighs them down a ton, and
frankly they probably resent it, but it works great for me. -- Wil Shipley