[OrRando] Amtrak

Jim Bronson jim.bronson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 23:57:06 PDT 2007

I stopped in Wallace for a liter of Mountain Dew on the way back from
Whitefish and saw a large group of riders coming off the bike path 2
and 3 at a time, doing that very thing.  They had left Seattle and
were doing 60-75 miles a day. I had a nice chat with one of them.

Btw...I did not make it all the way to Portland the same day.  I was
able to make it to the Tri Cities in about 6 hours where I enjoyed a
very nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn.  They had a wonderfully
bubbly hot tub which I used extensively to work the kinks out.  I also
enjoyed a fine italian dinner and a glass of wine in their restaurant.
 All for the quite reasonable rate of $60 (+22 for dinner which
included 4 courses) with my government I'd.  Yay.

On 7/6/07, Susan France <susanfrance at teleport.com> wrote:
> So I'm waiting to hear about the trip back on Amtrak. Apparently they serve
> wine onboard from Jon's pictures. Was this easier on the legs then sitting
> in a car for 14+ hours? Presumably it was easier than pedaling 600+ miles.
>
> Now that the ride is over with I'm contemplating something much more
> reasonable.... like a 9-day tour to Whitefish with a credit card.  You
> know... pedal 75 miles, take pictures, find hotel, eat, walk around town,
> watch tv, sleep 8 hrs... repeat.
>
> Susan.

I am riding the MS150 bicycle rally from Houston to Austin on April 21
and 22, 2007.  164 miles by bicycle!  Will you join me and make a
pledge to support multiple sclerosis research? Donate online at my
link: http://ms150.org/edon.cfm?id=182433