[OrRando] Re: [Randon] Re: Glacier Bound Riders

Keith Kohan bike2work2live at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 08:23:45 PDT 2007

I think we'd have to get an official International Randonneuring ruling on this one :)  If your stairs in Melbourne are like the Sydney Harbor Bridge steps then they have a semi-usable ramp, not just steps.  As I recall it's a good test of the brakes coming down.

Peter Mathews <peter.mathews at adm.monash.edu.au> wrote:
G'day Michael

Maybe the first set of steps on your continent, but here in Melbourne we
have a regular bike path event which includes a couple of killer sets of
steps. One is slightly more user friendly than the other as it includes
a little track beside the steps you can wheel the bike up. The you bump
or carry and is just plain ugly!

Cheers,
Peter

Peter Mathews, Senior Grants Officer,
Special and Strategic Grants Team,
Research Office, Monash University Vic 3800
E-mail: peter.mathews at adm.monash.edu.au
Ph: 03 990 55536 & 0439992130