[OrRando] muddy riding

Del Scharffenberg dels at intersoftsystems.com
Thu Dec 6 14:49:11 PST 2007

With all the rain lately, cyclocross season got rather muddy.
Here is how I abused my Surly last Sunday at PIR:
http://photofaction.exposuremanager.com/p/usgp_6_masters_45__55_plus_-_juni=
ors/img_031323#photo_s
Yes, this is the same bike I rode a fast 300k on last spring.
Same wheels, same 8-spd gearing, different tires, fenders removed.
It takes longer to clean up afterward than it does to ride these races.

Portland has been getting about 800 riders every weekend for this
kind of fun.  It would get rather miserable if we had to stay out in
it for more than an hour.

Here is a nice video of the Nov 18 Hillsboro races:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DlghImPUL2h0

Lots more at this link:
http://www.crosscrusade.com/results/2007/index.html
and click on the Chat and Photography links for much more.

-- Del