[OrRando] Dec 1

Jim Bronson jim.bronson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 06:47:43 PST 2007

I curently live in Austin, but am a native of Corvallis.  5 lbs of
water weight?  Maybe you weren't hydrating enough?

As for the weather up there...honestly, I don't remeber how I used to
run around on my old Schwinn when I was a kid in the rain and 45
degree weather.  I used to ride everywhere in the rain, never thought
much about it.  It sure does make me miserable now.   I guess the
bicycle represented freedom to me.  It doesn't hurt that Corvallis is
a really great place to ride a bike too, that made it all the more
easy to just hop on regardless of weather conditions.

On Dec 3, 2007 1:38 AM, chris mccraw (fool) <gently at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/3/07, Jim Bronson <jim.bronson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well I can't blame you for not missing it if you had the misfortune of
> > living in the DFW or Houston areas :-)
>
> i just moved up to portland from austin, and while i miss austin, i
> will not miss losing 5 pounds of water weight every time i put foot to
> pedal.  i just spent an evening on the trainer, and for the first time
> in my life as an indoor rider, i didn't drip on the floor (my
> neighbors must have thought i was nuts to have the windows open and
> the tv blaring...)
>
> admittedly, i would rather have been outside doing a century today,
> and my rain gear is getting upgraded as fast as i can find better
> stuff, but i like the riding here.  now, where can one buy little
> windshield wipers for one's glasses?

I ride my bike, to ride my bike.