[OrRando] Wool Sock Recommendations?

Keith Kohan bike2work2live at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 07:24:08 PDT 2007

Joe,

I wear Shimano sandals year round for commuting in
Salem.  What I've found works best is two pairs of
socks.  Thin wool bike socks or regular coolmax bike
socks and a pair of heavy wool boot socks.

The great thing about the sandals is they can
accomodate anything from bare feet to multiple sock
layers by just adjusting the straps.

I have a pair of SealSkinz, but for me they hold in
too much of the moisture and my feet seem to sweat a
lot more.  The wool seems to somehow breathe, hold in
the heat, and still repel rain water.  Or maybe the
wool soaks in the rain water but my feet stay warm.
Not sure, but it works even in Oregon.

Keith Kohan
--- "Jkeenan(Yahoo Account)" <jkeenan0407 at yahoo.com>