[OrRando] Three Blue Shirts Epic Weekend

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Mon Nov 27 08:39:10 PST 2006

I got several emails yesterday asking if I'd heard anything from Eric, Peter
or Noel, who decided to start the Birkie Perm at 3am Sunday morning from
Grand Lodge. I woke at 2am to horrific winds, rain and cold. Of those, the
winds are always the scariest to me with those massive Dougs swaying in
gusty winds. I thought there was a chance they might hit some snow on the
climb before Timber. Both Pauls, Johnson and Whitney, hit snow on their
respective drives home to the North and East (from Forest Grove) on Saturday
night. And this morning...well I won't be going anywhere other than to the
garage to sit and view the snow cover from the stationary position of my
trainer.

Congrats to these three for another RUSA-T certificate to add to their
collection for the year. I'm certain this one wasn't a piece of cake given
the weather.
Susan.