[OrRando] Scouting Ride... this weekend

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Tue May 23 16:06:37 PDT 2006

Anyone interested in going along???

I will drive to Mill City which is the 100k mark of the upcoming 600k. Ride
from Mill City to Detroit (32K) Detroit to Breitenbush (17k) Return to
Detroit (17K) Detroit to Marion Forks Jct FR 11 (31K) Return to Detroit
(31K) Return to Mill City (32K). This should make for a 160K (100Mile) Day.
I'll be checking the roads/traffic and setting up info controls at the 2
turnarounds for the 600K.  For those who cannot bear to wait for me on the
uphills you can ride further up beyond both turnarounds... as far a Santiam
Pass on the second leg.  The Burb will haul around 4 bodies and 4 bikes with
all associated rando gear... easily. I'm looking to do this early Sunday,
Mill City arrival 8-9.