[OrRando] Forest Grove - Birkenfeld pre-ride

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Mon Mar 27 19:56:25 PST 2006

A reminder of points forgotten.

Susan France wrote:
> I crashed on the bike trail today. On the "chain across path" I went around
> but didn't get enough angle on my front wheel to get up over the edge.

the edge is a couple of inch of asphalt with the dirt next to it washed away.
If you ride the dirt for four or five yards it gets better.

> Maybe 26 was busy for Michael because of return Sunday traffic.

and I rode on it farther than you will.

One of the drivers was really nice, stopping to light up my flat repair with
the headlights of their car.  Then offered me power bars and water!

> If you have early spring tree pollen allergies... bring meds. Both times I
> suffered up in the Nehalem Valley.

If you have a cell phone, you might as well leave it at home.

>From mile 35 through 90 there's no service unless you have Cingular and the
right handset.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon