[OrRando] Photos of Woodburn Heartburn 150k

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Wed Mar 22 07:48:56 PST 2006

paul johnson wrote:
> Hey Nate nice pics!  I see you are in for the C-1200, congrats on that.  I
> assume you are planning to ride your fixie there?  There was a guy last year
> who rode I think a single speed, my memory is a little foggy, it might have
> been a fixed gear.

It was John "Sabertooth Salmon" Spurgeon. He road fixed.  My first memory of
him was driving to the closing control on the second day and passing this guy
in the Rattlesnake hills who had a set of Orttlieb panniers on his bike.

"Wow!"  I thought, "he's riding well and carrying a lot of gear.  What a
strong rider!"

It wasn't until later that I met him at the control and saw who it was and how
his bike was set up.

John's from Hillsboro, you may see him at one of our brevets.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity