[OrRando] Woodburn Heartburn pre-ride report

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Fri Mar 17 06:45:10 PST 2006

Ah yes, Tonquin Rd is never a fun road on weekdays.  The trucks are in and
out of the quarries and the commuters use it as a shortcut.  Luckily in the
direction we ride it's all downhill to get through it as fast as possible.
Fun huh? Even on weekends it's not a quiet lane but the trucks are rarely
running and the commuters are home. Roy Rogers also carries heavy commuter
traffic. When it was realigned years ago they put in 12ft wide shoulders
which make it tolerable.
Susan.