[OrRando] Jerseys

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Mon Mar 6 06:27:03 PST 2006

Hello everyone!

Here's the word to date on a jersey order.

We have 10 people who have spoken up indicating interest.  We need a minimum
of 12 to place an order.  Keep that in mind as you read the rest of the
message.

Our chosen vendor is Portland Cyclewear http://www.portlandcyclewear.com/

    Advantages
local business, flexible policies, good quality wool, good reputation for delivering the goods

    About the jerseys, quality report by Robert Buschman
Australian merino wool, the soft and comfortable stuff.  Medium weight with
tightly woven light fibers, good fit (he's a trim guy) and well sewn

    Color and Style
This is a great benefit of working with Portland Cyclewear.  We get to mix and
match.  You want long sleeve racer cut in orange?  You got it. Short sleeve
shop style in Royal blue?  It's yours.

Shop Style Colors:  Black, Scarlet, Royal Blue
Racer Style Colors: Black, Light Orange, Victory Blue

Long or short sleeve either way.

Aside from fit, one distinction is that shop jerseys all have a white
band across the chest.  Racers come with or without the chest band.

I suggest, for some consistency here, that we go with Scarlet or Light Orange
(like the Merkx/Acore color) for our first order.  But really, it would be
your jersey, so get what you want.

The people who spoke up first are voting on whether we'll go for flocked or
embroidered lettering.

All jerseys in this order, and this order only, will be inscribed with
"Founding Member".

Everything I've just written is subject to correction by Portland Cyclewear.

OK, I also lied.  We don't have to have 12 people ordering.  But if we do the
price drops 20% from the single unit order level.  Which means we go from a
well priced jersey to a wonderfully priced jersey.

Postscript:  You might consider a purchase at Team Estrogen for the woman
cyclist in your life.  Another Oregon cycling business, and owner Susan
Octenas helped out with information about how to buy cyclewear.
http://www.teamestrogen.com

Final Word:

I'm about to (poor, poor me) leave for vacation in Bali.  You have until March
23rd to make up your mind and commit to being part of the jersey order.

How to get on board?
  visit http://www.portlandcyclewear.com/ select your style and color
  email me with your choices
  email a deposit check of $40 to Susan

When I return from paddling around in tropical ocean waters we'll sort it out
and place the order.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity