[OrRando] Mt. Adams 200k start time

John Kramer jckramer at gorge.net
Wed Jun 21 06:03:41 PDT 2006

I have replies from a number of people concerning the start time for the
Mt. Adams 200k. We'll go with a 6:00 am start time. I also called around
for lodging and there isn't much left near Home Valley. The Wind Mtn
Resort had a room with two single beds left. The Econo Lodge in
Stevenson had one room left. I reserved the large room at Wind Mtn
Resort that can sleep 8. It is about a quarter mile from the start. It
has a kitchen and nice view of the river. If are not able to find a
place to stay, send me a note. If 8 people share the room the cost would
be $12 for the night. Two other notes, the first control in Bingen will
be an information control, not a timed control. You won't have to stop
other than to record the answer to a question on the brevet card. There
are several riders who are fast enough they are considering a late start
as driving from home would require them to get out of bed before going
to bed. If your fast enough and strong enough and would also like to
start late and deal with the time handicap and semi traffic on a narrow
stretch of road, send me a note and I'll see if we can hook you up.