[OrRando] Additional ORR RUSA Populaires & Brevets

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Sun Jul 30 20:03:29 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been getting some requests for some entry level brevets & populaires
for later this summer. We have 2 populaires that are 90% firm, both in Nov.
I just need to finalize routes before submitting to RUSA for approval:

Nov 4 (Sa) Verboort Sausage Populaire (about 100k), start in Forest Grove
(maybe Grand Lodge), finish in Verboort (2.2 mile north). You can feast on
homemade sausage and kraut that Verboort in known for. After stuffing
yourselves and your panniers(you can purchase bulk links) it's a slight
flattish downhill back to your car, hotel room or soaking pool. Every
cyclist in the Portland area rides to Verboort the first Saturday in Nov...
unless they are vegetarian.

Nov 25 (Sa) Wine Country Populaire (about 100k), starts at Grand Lodge,
Forest Grove. Paul and Julie Whitney have volunteered to organize the 2nd
annual event as they had so much fun last year. No plans to run a concurrent
200k brevet but you can always sign up for one of the numerous permanent
brevet routes available if you've just not had you fill of riding (or
tasting) and you've traveled far. This is a ride well-suited for rando
widows and widowers. And let's not forget, the soaking pool.

Additionally:
Sept & Oct 200k. >>Any ideas?<< If no suggestions, I'll likely design
Portland/Washington Co routes and pick a date that doesn't clash with any of
the scheduled long brevets. Maybe a trip to the coast in Sept?