[OrRando] Jerseys...a couple volunteers please

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Mon Apr 24 16:44:06 PDT 2006

OK, so most of you saw, touched and even tried on the shacer jerseys we had
at the finish...

I've set up a webpage and Paypal account for Oregon Randonneurs. I'd like a
couple volunteers who can go in a order your jerseys and pay the $40
deposit. If everything is kosher, I'll let everyone order away... Forget all
the emails you sent the last 2? months, I don't know what you ordered.

I went to meet face to face with Chad to ask all my questions and (of
course) provide all my opinions on colors, chest stripes, raglan vs setin
sleeves. Portland Cyclewear has no real inventory of Shop or Racer jerseys,
the Shacer jersey will be arriving in July. Chad has on order 45L, 30XL each
of SS & LS. So he doesn't carry "hundreds" of jerseys in each size, and a
club order can eliminate a huge chunk of the inventory. So we'll be ordering
fast, deadline May 1. The color WILL be scarlet/black chest band. Randos get
too dirty and I don't want to see coffee and grape jelly stains on your
chest bands. The lettering will be as Nate first suggested. I have on hand
the choice of fonts, I have on hand a panatone card of the rayon embroidery.
Chad will decide the "shade" of red next week when he gets a new jersey
sample. Once he decides on shade of scarlet, I'm choosing a shade of
yellow/gold for the lettering... not too bright, think German Flag colors.
You'll see what I have in mind for lettering on the order form, which the
embroidery guy will have as well.

Volunteers with credit cards handy please.