[OrRando] Hood River Brevet

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Sat Sep 3 09:19:48 PDT 2005

A couple of us will be at Memaloose SP. You are lulled to sleep with the
sound of trains and wind. Actually the sound isn't all that bad here and you
cannot escape the sound of trains when camping in the Gorge. I also like to
go up into Gifford-Pinochet to pick Huckleberries at this time of the year.

I have 2 short permanents in this area. Bingen-Maryhill (104km) and
Lyle-Goldendale (113km). I'll plan to do one of them on Sunday. If you're
interested in joining me let me know. I'm leaning towards Lyle-Goldendale
but could be convince to change my mind.

Susan.

> Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 07:09:06 -0700
> From: "John Kramer" <jckramer at gorge.net>
> To: <michbin at earthlink.net>, <robert.buschman at kb.org>,
> 	<brian.ferguson at med.va.gov>, <lted1 at qwest.net>,
> 	<bert_lutz at hotmail.com>, <marksome at comcast.net>, <lochmond at aol.com>,
> 	<kools8 at peoplepc.com>, <mikeraz at patch.com>,
> 	<DelS at intersoftsystems.com>, <bkschell at verizon.net>,
> 	<david.kamp at hp.com>, <sir at phred.org>
> Subject: [SIR] Hood River-Camp Balwin 200k
> Message: 3
>
> There is interest in meeting at the Full Sail Brewery after the
> Ride. I will
> provide a map and include the swimming pool and Port Shower locations. You
> can also jump in the Columbia. Don't worry, young nubile twenty-somethings
> in string bikinis won't notice old men in spandex. It is
> Huckleberry Fest in
> Bingen, Dick Weber is leading a group of Wheelmen around Mt. Hood and the
> local bike club (Discovery Cycles) is hosting a supported ride to
> Dufer via
> Camp Baldwin. If you need lodging here are some low cost options you can
> google, sooner is better, cheapest first.
>
> The Bingen School Inn (&Hostel), 509 493-3363, http://www.bsi-cgoc.com/
> Lone Pine Motel, Hood River, 541-387-8882
> Prater's Motel, Hood River, 800-789-9568
> Sunset Motel & RV Park, Hood River, 800-706-4429
> Vagabond Lodge, Hood River, 800-386-2992
>
> Camping
> -------
> Viento State Park, I-84, 8 miles W of Hood River at Exit 56,
> http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_171.php
>
> Memaloose State Park, I-84 (westbound only), 11 miles W of The Dalles,
> http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_163.php
>
> Wyeth Campground-USFS., 10 Miles W of Hood River on I84, Exit #51,
> http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/columbia/forest/recreation/camprounds-day-
use.shtml

Tucker Park (Hood River County) Located approximately 5 miles south of Hood
River on state highway 281 (Tucker Road). (541) 386-4477,
http://www.gorgeexplorer.com/camping_camping_western_or.htm#Tollbridge%20Par