[OrRando] Capes and Cows

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Sun Aug 21 11:00:30 PDT 2005

Four rides braved temperate weather, beautiful scenery, community
celebrations and the aromas of roadside restaurants to complete the
inaugural Capes and Cows brevet.  How they managed to not be distracted
by the environment they rode through while climbing 7,200 feet and
turning in fast times is a story for them to tell.

RB and Burt wondered about their sanity while pedaling through Cannon
Beach and smelling the pancakes and coffee enjoyed by people relaxing
over the morning paper.  Del's normally fast time was tempered by a
failing tire that eventually was booted with a combination of Powerbar
wrappers and duct tape.  John wondered about his wife and dogs visiting
many of the antique shops in the area.

The brevet organizers had an easy day of relaxing on the coast.

Look forward to the repeat of this event next year.

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity